Wednesday, August 3, 2011

IMPACT

What is the meaning of the word IMPACT? How about a 37 year old man dying, leaving a wife and 4 children behind? This is what I would consider IMPACT. Like a F5 tornado leaving a path of destruction and despair-everything in its path broken and wounded. This family’s story is IMPACT. Many would have stayed broken, their hearts hardened with grief forever. Instead, this horrid event shook them, did not destroy them. Allowing God’s IMPACT to flow through them-the insurmountable strength that only God himself can pass through even the most tragic of situations. My sister and her children didn’t break, they didn’t get destroyed, instead they find other people who may not have God in their lives and give them hope. What kind of story can be told of a man dying? What kind of IMPACT can be left? “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Phil. 4:13NIV) I didn’t believe that. I didn’t believe that even God himself could get this family through this loss. I didn’t believe that the wretched cries delivered from the innocent souls could ever be healed. Yet, here I am telling you this story, and they can be healed. Just by believing in God, He can heal even the worst of situations. So a story of a man’s death is IMPACT-an IMPACT that has changed this family’s life and the lives of many, forever. So CELEBRATE life with me, Lenora Wells, and children, knowing their IMPACT will prove of God’s strength forever.

Lenora, Lauren, Abby, Rebecka and Stephen are amazing people that SHOW love through what they do every day. They give, even when there isn't much left to give. I thank God every day for my INCREDIBLE family!

No comments: